To choose a good real estate agent

To choose a good real estate agent

Real estate does not mean that a high valuation price is good, and if multiple companies that requested valuation have similar valuation prices, you may be wondering which real estate agent to ask.

In such a case, please try based on the compatibility between the real estate agent (person in charge) and the seller. For example, the exchanges when consulting at the time of assessment were polite, and when asking a question, they were given a clear rationale for explanation. Considering this information, choose a real estate agent that you can trust with confidence.

In addition, each real estate agent has its own specialty. Some companies are good at detached houses, while others specialize in condominiums and commercial real estate.

If you ask a company that specializes in the property you want to sell as an intermediary, the contract rate will increase. Please refer to the website and pamphlets and ask questions about transaction performance.

Looking at achievements is very important when choosing a real estate agent. Do not think that it is safe to ask a major company vaguely, but after looking at the achievements, please face it without making a difference with major companies, small and medium-sized companies. This is also a key to choosing a good real estate agent.

Assess with multiple real estate agents

If you ask multiple real estate agents to make an assessment, you can get a rough idea of   how much the real estate you want to sell will actually be.

At Suma Value, you can request assessments from six major companies in the real estate distribution industry at once. There are three main merits to using Suma Value.

You can request an assessment from 6 major real estate brokers at once, which gives you a sense of security.

  • You can consult even the smallest details
  • Rest assured that there is a record of sale

Required documents for selling a house, tax returns and taxes

When you find a buyer and proceed with the sale of your home, you will need various documents to explain important matters and to use for delivery. There are differences in the required documents between single-family homes and condominiums, so let’s take a look at the typical documents for each. At the same time, I will explain the knowledge about taxes when selling a house.


Typical documents required for sale of a detached house

  • Identity verification documents such as driver’s license
  • Registration identification information (also called title / registration certificate, all required for each land / building to be sold)
  • Official map (drawing that can be obtained from the Legal Affairs Bureau showing the boundaries of land and the location of buildings)
  • Building confirmation certificate and inspection certificate
  • Design documents
  • Survey map and writing boundary confirmation
  • Documents for cross-border memorandums, if any
  • Property tax payment notice and property tax evaluation certificate
  • Sales contract at the time of purchase
  • Seal certificate and resident’s card required for registration (Documents required vary depending on the trading situation, so please consult with a judicial scrivener in advance to prepare)

Typical documents required for selling an apartment

  • Identity verification documents such as driver’s license
  • Registered copy
  • Material that shows the wall core area (occupied area) (It is described in the important matter manual at the time of purchase)
  • Homeowner association
  • Detailed rules of use
  • Pamphlet at the time of sale
  • A document that shows the amount of management fee / repair reserve payment and the amount of delinquency
  • Property tax payment notice and property tax evaluation certificate
  • Sales contract at the time of purchase
  • Resident’s card required for registration, etc.

In addition, if you have documents about the house you sell, such as a seismic diagnosis report and a housing performance evaluation report, you will basically need them as well.

Taxes on selling a home

When you sell a house, you will be charged a capital gains tax if you make a profit (capital gains) by deducting the acquisition cost (cost to buy the house) and expenses (brokerage fee and surveying cost) from the sale price.

The basic tax rate for capital gains tax is 39.63% for short-term capital gains if the ownership period is 5 years or less, and 20.315% for long-term capital gains if the ownership period is more than 5 years.

If you sell your own home, you can use a special deduction that deducts 30 million yen from the profit obtained by deducting the acquisition cost from the sale price.

Furthermore, if the ownership period exceeds 10 years, the tax rate for the portion of capital gains of 60 million yen or less will be reduced and the tax rate will be 14.21%.

And when tax is applied, it is important to file a tax return.

If the transaction is subject to transfer income tax, prepare the documents necessary for calculating the tax amount such as the sales contract and brokerage fee, and then obtain the tax return documents from the tax office and prepare and submit them, or from the NTA website via the Internet.

If you do not declare it, you will be penalized as undeclared, so be careful.


If this is your first time selling a home, you may be unfamiliar with it and you may be in trouble by yourself.

Therefore, the real estate agent company, which is also an expert, can be relied on. If you conclude an intermediary contract, you will be an encouraging ally who will support you widely.

Start by requesting an assessment and communicating with a real estate agent. Finding a real estate agent, you can trust is the first step to selling a home.

If you are considering selling your home, please consider using Suma Value.



Please follow our facebook page to connect us.


  • No comments yet.
  • Add a comment